Monday, January 10, 2011

The TIGER

Just finished reading The Tiger by John Vaillant and I had a visual I wanted to illustrate so here it is.  The book follows the true story of a tiger that is stalking and killing men in a small town in far east Russia.  The tiger is unusually large for the area so I wanted to show that sense of scale between the tiger and the man and the stalking nature of the tiger amidst the eerie calm of the cold Primorye forest.

Working with a few new brushes here, let me know what you think?
Chris

3 comments:

Donovan said...

Chris, this is freaking awesome. I love it!

CHRIS NIXON said...

cheers Don, I'm starting to find a style that I'm comfortable with.

jenniferpinkdesigns said...

I love this picture - the shock the hunter is feeling and the latent menace from the tiger! Brilliant